Follow me on Instagram:

Instagram

Sunday, August 18, 2013

DIY Refinished Dresser

(Top pic is before, bottom is after) 

During the process of redoing my room I have been searching for a new dresser..one of those ones that is shorter and long and you could put a mirror on top of (Im sure theres a name for it, I just have no idea what it is haha). But anyway I was on my way home and on my street, yes I said ON MY OWN STREET, there was the exact type I was looking for and it had a free sign on it. Like hello thank you GOD. Literally, I really wasn't looking forward to spending a lot of money on used furniture that I was going to redo any way. So I was beyond excited when I found it. 

Here's how it was done: 
-I sanded it down everywhere I was going to paint (you really don't have to go crazy with the sanding, just so it's all smooth. Or if you want an antiqued look sand it unevenly and then rough it up after you paint it). 
-Next after sanding, I wiped down the whole thing clean to get all the dust off 
-Now it's time for primer, with this being my first time ever doing anything like this I think I put the primer on a little light (so I ended up having to put two coats of paint on to make up for it). I used Zinsser primer, that's a good primer to use because you don't have to sand much at all with it. 
-Once the primer is dry you can go ahead and paint, how ever many coats is needed as you go along.
    And seriously it's that easy!!! 

Here's the picture again, just because I love it.. 
I hope this has inspired you!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment